Annaprashan is the ceremony where the baby is introduced with solid foods usually Sweet Rice for the first time. The pooja is performed to bestow a very healthy and prosperous life for the baby.
Key Insights :-
- Baby takes the solid food for the first time.
- It helps the baby to grow healthy and strong.
- Performed on 6th or 7th month on janma nakshatra day.
- Mantras are chanted for the baby’s well-being.
- Payasam or Milk Rice is the main ingredient for the ceremony.
- All Puja Samagri
- Flowers & Fruits
Annaprashan is a Sanskrit word which means grain initiation or rice feeding. This means introducing solid food for the baby for the first time. Usually done after the Namakarana is considered very auspicious as the baby can have the solid foods. The child is usually fed with very small quantities of Rice or Sweet payasam.
This begins with a puja and mantras are chanted for the baby’s health and happiness, followed by the symbolic feeding of the Prasada or the first bite of solid food usually Kheer.
“When to Perform Annaprashan Puja ?”
This ceremony is usually performed on the 6th or 7th month on a date which is compatible to the janma nakshatra of the child.
“Benefits of Annaprashan Puja :”
- Performing this Ceremony helps in protecting the child and increasing the life span of the child.
- The baby gets the blessing and is believed that any unwanted things swallowed during the baby is in womb will get cleansed.
How it is done
- We will send you a qualified Indian Brahman trained in Hindu Shastras to conduct puja at Devotees preferred location (home, office etc.) and time (or muhurat time suggested by JiPanditJi).
- After you have made the booking, we will send you a confirmation email about your puja details
- This puja will be fully customized for you with your details and objectives to be achieved from the puja.